Bakers Brewery 6pm Tuesday December 10th 6pm
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Club's Fundraiser at the Elk's Club on November 23rd. It was a great success with over $3,500 raised. Thank you to everyone who participated by joining the party, those who donated prizes and/or gift certificates, members who helped solicit and collect donations, party organizers and Rachael and Trish who helped run the door all night. With everyone's help it sure did make the evening great fun and highly successful! Thanks also to the Elks Club for loaning us their space to have our party.
- November was a busy month for the Club. We had a very quick meeting last month (Nov 12th) at MotoBreck before Mike Duffy's 3 hour class on Avalanche awareness which was a very informative class. Some Meeting items discussed were:-
- Julie is working with Anita at Laser Graphics on a new logo for the club.
- Ross reported that the snowcat is ready to go. Pat finished repairs, new fuel gauge, welded tiller and fixed remaining items. A problem with the snowcat's lights going out is outstanding. A new tiller will be needed in the future $2,500 for a used one or $4,000 for a new one. Signage and tree trimming still outstanding.
- Keith McBrearty attended grooming clinic with Larry Lewark in Grand Junction.
- Julie asked if anyone was interested in helping do a float for the Club in the Ullr Parade on December 12th but decided not to it because no one was available to help.
CSA Convention dates announced
the CSA convention dates were officially announced this evening, 2-3 days of riding at Mt Princeton on Fri 31st January- Sun 2nd February. A good opportunity to get guided rides of new terrain around Colorado and the CSA Annual General Meeting is held on Sunday morning. Accommodation and nightly dinners and entertainment at the Mt Princeton Hot Springs Lodge, near Buena Vista. A great way to meet other riders, other Clubs and CSA board members from around the state. Also State awards handed out. A few years ago at the Silverton CSA annual convention the Lewark Family received the "Snowmobiling Family of the Year" award for their huge contribution to our snowmobiling club which they founded in 1977.
Would like to welcome our brand new members who signed up at our Club Fundraiser Party. We hope you join us at the meeting on Tuesday.
Coming up this Sunday (every 3rd Sunday in the month) is our first Club Ride of the season. Location and meet time will be discussed at the meeting.
RAFFLE TICKETS DUE ON TUESDAY 10th
Please return all raffle ticket monies and stubs to Carolanne by Tuesday or to her at the meeting. I will also be bringing my computer and can renew any memberships on Tuesday too.
Let it snow!
VP Summit Snow Riderz